Website redesigning is an unavoidable need that arises at a certain period of time. Though sometimes, it affects the SEO of the website and as a result, a drastic loss of customers. So, it is necessary that redesign the website in a way that it does not harm the SEO and its ranking on SERPs. If you find it difficult, then this article will guide you in the right direction with expert tips to website redesign without affecting SEO.
The most important thing in this process is to do the website redesigning job in a right way. There are certain steps that ensure the right website redesigning process which are as below:
Following steps for a flawless website redesigning
1. First of all, set up a new site using a temporary URL
2. Evaluate the new site and ensure that each and everything is properly working without any broken link.
3. Make a list of various pages of the old site
4. Make the web page with 301 redirections as it will redirect to new URLs
5. Immediately switch on to your new site
6. Check on Google Webmaster tools to determine the verification of the new site
7. Utilize FETCH AS GOOGLE for examine if your new site is readable to Google.
8. Examine robots.txt
9. Resubmit your sitemap over Bing and Google
10. Check rankings of your site
Other Important Things To Remember
Bounce Rate Should Be Noted – It is must to check the bounce rate after and before website redesign process. On seeing an unexpected increase in bounce rate, be alert as it is not a good indication as your users are unhappy with it.
It is a fact that changing page content can affect the website ranking and at that time, you may not understand if the ranking change is a cause of content change or redesign. To not let this kind of situation affect you, you should change only those parts which have a relation with website design, appearance and feel and those do not make any changes to the written content.
Keep User Experience On Your Top Priority
User experience has to be considered while redesigning a site. Although, a good site features several attributes, yet the friendly experience it presents to users make it the best of all. For this purpose, conduct some tests along with your known ones prior to launch the new website design.
Counts on Social Media
The counts of social media like pins, +1s, and tweets, etc. would undoubtedly change with your URL change. So, keep in mind that once you go live, there will be zero counts of various social media for your site. With some time, these social media sites will learn about 301 redirects and these counts will be moved to your website pages.
The website redesign can improve your user experience and be following these tips you can protect SEO and maintain your user base.